Heavy Duty Modular Carbon Booms
The HD (Heavy Duty) 70% pre-preg carbon lay-up strikes a superb performance balance between stiffness, durability and price. Tube walls are further reinforced to withstand heavy abuse and reduce wear and tear.
Shorter sizes are paired with narrow tails to fit a more compact sail profile often used for Bump & Jump and Wave sails.
Sizes 190 and 220 are fitted with larger diameter outside tails that minimizes the back-end swing weight and keep the rig under better control. Those tails have a wider outline to work better with modern race sails and not distort their profiles.
All HD carbon booms feature the all-new "Configure Me" Modular Boom Head to fully benefit from the advantages of a modular boom system. The modular boom head fits all "Configure Me" Boom Bodies. Swapping the boom head is effortless and takes seconds - no tools required. For example: with 1 boom head, 3 boom bodies and 1 tail you have 3 high-performance booms of different sizes. Combine, renew and upgrade components as you need.
Be part of the future! Enjoy light weight and absolute performance.
Pros & Cons
- Modular "Configure Me" RDM & SDM Compatible High Performance Boom Head
- Extra durable composite lay-up
- Ergonomic oval-shaped grip
- High density EVA grip sections on the front arch for maximum abrasion resistance
- Outside tail provide better stiffness to weight ratio (sizes 190 and 220)
- Performance bolts included
- Requires adapters to switch between RDM and SDM masts (adapters included)
- Has a little more weight than the Elite series