The 2023 S2Maui VENOM from Artur Szpunar and Barry Spanier has a legacy of design experience creating winning sails that powered many champions at the highest international and national level competitions. S2Maui provides the engines that allow riders to achieve their goals. S2Maui VENOM rider Delphine Cousin accomplished 2 consecutive PWA Championship seasons, winning both slalom and foil and now it’s great to see a next generation rider like Justine Lemeteyer riding VENOM to IFCA championships! Antoine Questel achieved some of his career best PWA results with S2Maui VENOM and now young talent Lohan Jules is also stepping atop the IFCA podium! We are most impressed by the success of our great team of national riders around the world who regularly claim multiple championships in Japan, France, Holland, Greece, Germany, Portugal, Brazil and Hawaii each season. S2Maui’s development never stops and the especially intense VENOM Race Sail program benefits from the feedback of our customers and riders as well as the detailed reports from our champion-filled World Cup and test team, Antoine Questel, Delphine Cousin Questel, Micah Buzianis, Mark Boersma, and Gabriel Browne. The 2023 S2Maui VENOM is pure, no compromise slalom race performance designed for champions.
WHAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT THE VENOM?
Experience, passion for performance and meticulous design attention create the magic formula of radical acceleration, power and speed with incredibly light and smooth handling. The VENOM combines ease and pleasure of use with lethal performance that can win races at the highest level of competition.
2023 DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE FEATURES
• REVISED SIZES: New 2023 VENOM middle sizes have been adjusted for expanded wind range and also to accommodate evolving PWA regulations while still offering versatile quiver options for IFCA and National events.
• REFINED LEADING EDGE OPTIMIZES SPEED AND EFFICIENCY: The 2023 VENOM shaping improvements include a refined, more efficient leading edge profile which increases top speed and efficiency while enhancing stability.
• TUNED TWIST AND PROFILE: The twist profile of a race sail is one of the most important shaping characteristics to derive performance. For 2023 we have further tuned our extremely fast and efficient leech twist progression from clew to head.
• MASSIVE ACCELERATION: The 2023 VENOM’s precisely formed 3-dimensional profile featuring leeward pre-bend has been optimized for slingshot- like acceleration with every gust.
• SHORTENED CHORD AND BOOM LENGTH: 2023 VENOM has a reduced chord length (distance from leading edge to leech) as well as shorter boom. This allows for tighter turns during mark roundings and and a more efficient aerodynamic profile.
• 2 CLEW POSITIONS AND REMOVEABLE PULLEY: A second INOX D209 clew eyelet added further down and inwards increases versatility for riders who need their slalom race sail to serve dual purpose on both fin and foil, with the lower clew allowing a more upright rake angle, suitable for foil. The inward position of the second clew also reduces boom length further.
• MATERIALS OPTIMIZED FOR PERFORMANCE: The 2023 VENOM uses super stable performance monofilm in the sail body together with S2Maui’s exclusive superlight, strong and quick responding Technora Spacelight™ in the leech creating perfect stability and incredible wind range.
• SMOOTH, COMPLETE, CAM ROTATION: The 2023 VENOM uses S2Maui’s low friction, multi-roller, wide footprint cambers at high pressure stations. Cam pressure has been carefully tuned for correct blend of stability and smooth, complete rotation.
• CONTROL EQUALS SPEED: The 2023 VENOM flies smooth and balanced, even on the roughest and most gusty race course, allowing you to maintain optimal board trim and body position and focus on being the fastest, while others struggle.
2023 LIGHTEST AND BEST ENGINEERED CONSTRUCTION
• The lightest and strongest PWA champion slalom sail.
• Superlight, low stretch Technora Spacelight™ in the upper leech for instant and reactive leech response
• Multiple, full length vertical luff panels lock in shaping and resist stretch from downhaul loads.
• 2x High Quality INOX clew eyelets with leech abrasion reinforcement
• Removeable, light weight “VIPER CLIP” clew pulley.
• “Light Tip” upper battens with custom fittings designed. Reduces sail weight further in most important areas and quickens leech response. • Varying Flex Carbon/composite tube carefully suited to each batten position.
• Extra-durable mast sleeve top protector and internal reinforcements
• Abrasion protection of lower two battens in rigging and boom wear areas.
• Extended sleeve bottom protection.
• Reinforced leading edge at camber contact points.
• High Strength Epoxy batten tips and close tolerance tip/tube interface for durability and smooth bend.